Posted by Janet at 9:24 AM
Also, I have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by OrangeHeroMama! How sweet!
So here are my 7 Fun Facts about me:
2. I buy most of our clothes from thrift stores. I have found baby gap skinny jeans, mossimo jeans, and tons of other nice brands there! LOVE thrift store shopping!
3. I once worked at an oil changing company as a cashier. However, I would go down in the work area and change oil from time to time! At 15! It was a good trade to learn :)
4. I love to mow my lawn. It would be much easier if I had the self-propelled mower, especially on the sloped part of my front yard, but I enjoy mowing. It burns calories for sure!
5. I am a junk food ADDICT. I love candy, cakes, brownies, pies, icecream...ANYTHING sweet. It's definitely a downfall.
6.I'm not crazy about animals. I hate how cats hiss, and the constant barking of SOME dogs. I think yorkies are super cute, but then I remember that I would need to potty train...NOPE. I have two babies in diapers, that's enough for me!
7. My FAVE color is LIME GREEN! So pretty!
2011 Desiring God Regional Conference!!
Posted by Janet at 12:15 AM
I hope you all had a blessed Easter! We went over to my folks house and spent the day with them after church. Great food, wonderful fellowship and the love of Jesus in our hearts.
So it's no secret, I am LOVING vinyl. I spent almost a full day cutting and doing vinyl crafts. There's endless possibilities for home decor with vinyl!
For instance, I LOVE skeleton keys but I have yet to see any around here. So what did I do? I made some vinyl Skeleton Keys! I picked up some frames at the Dollar Tree, and made four skeleton key frames!
I also made this sweet little gift for my good friend. I treasure her friendship and wanted to show her besides just TELLING her! I love it, and can't wait to make other personalized gifts for friends and family like these :)
I LOVE the way it turned out :)
In other news, our 11 year old won 1st place in the Awana Grand Prix! WOOHOO! Second year in a row. However, our 7 year old didn't win a trophy-and he was DEVASTATED. So it was obvious that God was teaching our sweet boys an important lesson-how to win gracefully, and how to lose gracefully. It's so hard though!
Also, I have been using my handy dandy Cricut ALL DAY! I bought the Cricut Create off of Craigslist Friday for $85. It is in GREAT condition and came with two brand new mats. However, it smells heavily of MARIJUANA. Apparently the inside was used to store the marijuana because when you open it, it reeks. I have been trying different cleaning techniques and the smell is slowly but surely going away. So stinky! I didn't take it out of the box when checking it during the purchase, so I had no idea until I got home. My poor, poor Cricut. Its life has been filled with illegal drug use and abuse!
Highlights for today-unplugged my Husband's phone charger to vacuum yesterday and forgot to plug it back in. His phone never charged and died in the night, and he overslept. He had to be at work early today because it's an important day. I feel AWFUL. Also, our youngest son has been throwing up all morning since 5am. Poor thing.
But! The day continues, so without further ado, here are Friday's Fun Facts about MOI!
1.I have really, really curly hair naturally. I have always been exasperated by it. A few years ago I began to use a chemical relaxer on it. I like the result, but it really fries my hair. Because of this, I only do it twice a year.
2.Our last daughter was a surprise. We were actually shocked because of our circumstances. However, we quickly became joyful and were thrilled to be expecting, AGAIN. So two surprises, first and fourth, and two planned, second and third.
3. Our daughters are 12 months apart. TWELVE. It is by far the hardest thing I've ever done.
4. I'm actually extremely shy in person. It's strange because the most commonly used word to describe me as a child and teenager was "outgoing". Or my teachers preferred writing on my report card, "talks too much". I'm not sure what happened, but after I had kids, I became painfully shy.
5. I play the flute. I haven't had a lesson in over a decade, but I can still play pretty well. One day I'll get up enough nerve and play a solo worship song for the church. ONE DAY.
6. I have had SEVERAL piercings. 20 to be exact. And I don't have ANY in anymore. I used to have that little piece of cartilage on your ear, the "tragus" pierced until they made me remove it for my c-section and I haven't gotten around to putting them back in(you can view what it is HERE). But that's the only piercing I will wear.
7. My FAVE candy EVER is the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. But only the full size ones, and fresh. I can instantly tell if they're older because they get a "mint" taste to them. And NOT the smaller ones, those are just not good. But the way to my heart is the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. I get so excited when Valentine's Day is over because I know they're bringing out the eggs!
8. I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance! I even went to a filming of an episode! I'm a dancer's sister, so I've spent alot of time at dance competitions-a LOT. She got me into dancing, so whenever a new season of SYTYCD comes out, I'm hooked until the finale!
9. I've never broken a bone. EVER. Check it.
10. I am deathly afraid of flying. I feel so helpless being thousands of feet in the air in a piece of metal. Everytime the plane has slight turbulence, I'm convinced we're going down.
Posted by Janet at 8:12 AM
WOOOHOOOOO! So I told you all that I was gonna have an amazing giveaway coming up, and the day has come!
The good people over at Purdy, the makers of the World's BEST PAINTBRUSHES, has offered TWO of their incredible brushes to one lucky reader!
I just adore Purdy brushes! Before I knew anything about painting, I would just buy the cheapest brush on the shelf and start slapping away. Then I would find myself picking out all the hairs left behind in my wet paint, messing up the coat entirely! I KNOW you know what I'm talking about!
With purdy brushes, you get a beautiful smooth finish, and NO hairs left behind! Purdy is a name you can trust, and their brushes last for YEARS!
I have a confession to make: When I buy a new purdy brush, I gently stroke it against my face to feel its softness before using it. I just LOVE.IT.THAT.MUCH!
If you've never tried these, don't wait until this giveaway's over to try them! You can pick these puppies up at Home Depot, Lowes, or you can go directly to their website to locate a store near you HERE.
So! Now comes the fun part-how to enter!
Mandatory: Become a public follower (or already are one!) and leave a comment letting me know!
2nd Entry: Blog about this giveaway on your blog and leave a comment letting me know!
This giveaway will run until April 29th at 12:01am. WINNER will be announced that day!
UPDATE-I felt so bad showing my gorgeous Ironing Board Hanger without showing an ironing board on it! So I flipped the ironing board around and snapped a pic! Now you can see an action shot! :)
Hi all! Boy, did we have a great weekend!
Friday, we headed out of here and got to Ventura, CA by 4:45. Checked in, freshened up and we headed over to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner.
Look at our view from our table!
The food was AWESOME!! My husband HATES seafood, so it's rare that we go somewhere and I order it. Well I went all out-crab and shrimp! Yum. It was just fantastic. I also enjoyed the every half hour singing and dancing by the staff-LOL! Too funny.
We then went back to our room and crashed. Saturday, we went thrift store shopping(*squeal*) at the shops on Main Street in Ventura. Some of them had AMAZING stuff! I got a LIKE NEW Spacemaker can opener for 2.95 and it works GREAT! After we were done there, we headed down to the pier and rented a Surrey so we could go for a ride! I've always wanted to rent one of those things, so we did...and boy, was it work! PHEW! I took LOTS of breaks and let the men do the work while snapping some shots!
After that, we got lunch and then headed back to the hotel for a nap. Then came the shopping! We went to the Camarillo Premium Outlets and shopped away! Got a few neat things and then headed to dinner.
Sunday, we went to a REALLY cool park that had a pirate ship and a zip line attached to it. The boys LOVED that. They also went down to the shore and collected rocks and shells.
We had an amazing time. It was much needed getaway, and now I'm refreshed and ready to continue running the race despite the few hurdles we've had to jump so far.
Heb. 12:1-2 ...And let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith...
Thanks for virtually coming to Ventura with me! Be sure to come back and check out an AWESOME giveaway I'll be doing soon, you WON'T wanna miss this one!!
So let's start this thing!
1. I am really sensitive to unflattering sounds. I can not STAND the sound of my Husband picking his nails. He prefers to pick them instead of clipping them, and it has ALWAYS driven me UP.THE.WALL. Also
included-chewing with your mouth open and prolonged kissing sounds.
2. I had a shaved head for 2 1/2 years.
3. I have seen a few celebrities in person (one of the perks of living in So. CAL!). Some include: Jennifer Coolidge, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Brandy, Frankie Munez, Alfonso Ribeiro, Mark Curry, some rapper name Sean Kingston, and I'm sure others I can't think of right now..
4. I have a ridiculous obsession with stars. I even have stars tattooed on my body!
5. I have accidentally cut each and every one of our kid's tip of their thumb the first time I clipped their nails. I seem to never learn, and I feel awful about it. But those newborn nails are so flimsy, and seem to grow INTO their skin when they come out of the womb! Rest assured though, there's no scars or missing thumb tips!
6. I have a daughter who was born with Bilateral Vocal Cord Paralysis. It means that her vocal cords do not move, compromising her airway. But by the grace of GOD she has avoided any type of intervention- such as a tracheotomy or surgeries! She maintains a healthy airway and we just watch it closely. You can learn more about it HERE.
7. I don't like going INTO the ocean. I like looking at it, but something about rolling waves that rip off your top and sharks....yeah, just not my thing.
8. My Husband and I know our calling is in youth ministry. He has been given the gift of teaching, and I have been given the gift of discipling young ladies...we make a GREAT team. Where he lacks, I compliment. And vice versa :)
9. I love Coca-Cola. A LOT. However, it helps keep me overweight. So i've made the switch to Coke Zero. It's really not the same, but I'm continously trying to convince my brain that it is.
10. I have a deep love for thank you cards. I have a basket full of thank you cards, because I collect them and I LOVE to send them. I actually need to send one today before we leave for our getaway.
You heard me right, a GETAWAY! My sweet, sweet Husband decided that after the rough 2 weeks that we've just had, that he needs to take us away. And I'm so thankful! We're going to Ventura, CA. We'll visit the beaches, outlet malls and rest! SO excited!
So there's my 10 Fun Facts! Fun right? I hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!
Posted by Janet at 11:21 AM
I had a small chalkboard with key holders in the entryway, but we need more space for keys and let's be honest: I NEED that last minute appearance check before stepping out the door. I will hopefully save myself the horror and embarrassment of showing up somewhere with yesterday's mascara under my eyes, a huge zit on my chin, or spit up on my shoulder!
So I decided to take a $6 mirror from Target and spice it up a bit! My mirror went from this-
And yes, I became aware of the fact that my middle hook looks higher than the others. I just happened to screw that one in a hair more and because of the uneven ridges of the moulding, it made it learn upwards more! I will be fixing that later tonight.
But WOW! LOVE IT! I can't wait to build a nice, long console table for underneath it...I have a dinky little thing that I threw together, but it looks just silly compared to my DELIGHTFUL mirror now!